Clydesdale Installed Thanks Everybody!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeRJGR

Dec 31, 2010
New Jersey
Well, It's in...

I think it turned out really well. I would like to thank everyone for the assitance, especially Volemister, you guys have been great..

Couple follow up issues...

1. Hearthstone Does Not approved of putting putting a junction box in the firebox because they feel it is against the national code, and because the cord and such has not been tested in that application. The installer and the township told me I could do it, but since we are dealing with fire here, I really wanted to be conservative and be covered from an insurance standpoint. The funny thing is that the cord actually comes out from behind the surround, which to me is implying it could be plugged in behind the surround.

2. Since the cord does come from behind the surround, my trick of not mortaring to the top of the joint behind the hearth extension and the hearth worked perfectly. No cord is visable. I will install a thin electric box on the floor to the left of the hearth extension, and you'll never see it.....

3. One of the feet in the front was bent...the installers said this is common, they extend the feet all the way when shipping and any tipping causes them to bend....they fixed it....

4. The surround feet were not even and so they couldnt get the surround butted up against the wall right...they ordered a new one and will come back to finish up.....I was impressed that they didnt try to force it and do the job right...

Again, thanks for all the help!!!!

Attachments

• March Ryan at Great Adventure and Insert 009.jpg
    March Ryan at Great Adventure and Insert 009.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 444
  • March Ryan at Great Adventure and Insert 011.jpg
    March Ryan at Great Adventure and Insert 011.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 398
Man that looks awesome I love the stone work! You should get many years of satisfaction out of that install. Congratulations on a job well done

certainly beats my big black box sitting on concrete in front of concrete.

Well done, be proud.

pen

It's gorgeous. Nice to hear that your installers are attentive to detail and intent on doing it correctly. I'm sure you'll enjoy it for years to come. Very nice. Rick

Thanks Guys...Sort of bummed I wont be able to use it for about 7 months, but at least I have something to like about winter now...

Very nice.

JoeRJGR said:
Thanks Guys...Sort of bummed I wont be able to use it for about 7 months, but at least I have something to like about winter now...

There is no way I would let it sit until fall fire that baby up and make sure it burns.... :)

Hi Joe:

That brown color really looks sharp with the stone work. You've really put a lot of thought and effort into your install and it shows.

Hey, it snowed last night here so we are not done with our stove yet. We are at about 5000 feet elevation. You might try a small break-in fire and see what happens. BTW, the fan doesn't activate until the stove temp reaches about 250-300 F. It won't activate with a break-in fire.

Nice job Joe...now it's time to sit-back and enjoy.

JoeRJGR said:

Thats sharp looking, I like that finish on the stove. It was cold last night, you didnt light it up?

Wow, that is quite a transformation. It looks super. Nice job.

Thanks a lot everyone...

No we didnt light it up because the township just came and inspected today.....

That took all of 3 seconds...I could have put 6 outlets in the firebox if I wanted!! I only did it to have a copy of the inspection report for insurance reasons....Today its 80 degrees out...

I'm really a summer person, but this year I have something to look foreward to in the winter!!!

By the way, I lost a big tree to a storm a couple weeks ago and I cut it up...the fire inspector said not to burn it, but I know others here so its fine....

Whats everyone thik of that?

Status
Not open for further replies.