Clydesdale owners door question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohiohearthstone

Hearth Supporter
Jan 27, 2010
Bowling Green, Ohio
hey gang! I hope you are are enjoying the stove as we go into shoulder season. This being my 2nd season, I was hoping to ask Clydesdale owners about their handle as I am questioning if I have a defect?
I noticed that the handle was becoming sloppy so I tightened the set screw a tad. Then I questioned is the handle supposed to be all the way tight on the threads or backed off a bit? I seem to be having trouble getting the door to close fully. It seems that if I lock the door it grabs a bit (like the latch is grabbing the door catch) The door will close tight, but then it backs off a bit. My impression is that the door should not "back off" or is this a completely normal thing with this stove? I have also had to adjust the door sag from time to time.. This seems to be a sloppy door design for a $4k stove?
So, I was hoping to get some owner input..and maybe I have a bad model or something weird?
If you need clarification...let me know.

It may be a handle/latch problem. One issue with Hearthstone has been the handle/latch mechanism. Depending on which handle/latch you have makes a difference. see thread.... https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/62794/

Yes it is a different stove but this will at least give you some sort of reference. The "newer" handle/latch is adjustable... I belive this is by design, so that you can tighten it as the gasket compresses over time.

I am unsure if this will help you but.... There ya go.

Shawn

Status
Not open for further replies.