Clydesdale secondary air location?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hamsey

Feeling the Heat
Jan 3, 2014
CT
Does anyone know where this is hiding? Or if there is even one? Has anyone modded theirs?

I believe the secondary air intakes on the clyde are in the rear at the bottom corners, they may be covered by the shielding that surrounds the stove and creates the plenum of heated air that the blower circulates around the firebox. The manual does not indicate their location.

Thank you for the info. Will take a look over the weekend.

Does anyone know where this is hiding? Or if there is even one? Has anyone modded theirs?

Didn't you every locate the secondary intakes? I was wondering where they might be also and what kind of mod could be done to slow them up.

Ended up trading it in for a Heritage II and could not be happier. Needed a damper to slow things. There is a thread about someone who installed a damper on his clyde recently. Good luck

Thanks, yea I installed a damper on my Clyde was curiouser what could be done with the hearth secondary intake also. I've trimmed the stop for the primary air to allow it to close a little more. Glad to hear all worked out for you. Happy burning

Status
Not open for further replies.