CNN Article - Extreme Savers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's next, something crazy like growing vegatables in your backyard????

Jack Straw said:

I find your ideas intriguing and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Pagey said:
Jack Straw said:

Is there a mailing list I can get on?

Pagey said:
Jack Straw said:

The next post we will discuss clipping coupons and turning out lights when not in use.

BrowningBAR said:
Pagey said:
Jack Straw said:

you guys are crazy, there ain't a mailing list for this kinda thing. It's too out there. This is the sort of thing they hand out on really crappy copy of a copy of a copy type papers in the big city, flip it over and you'll find out who really killed kennedy and evidence that Obama is an alien (the kind from outerspace, not South America). But as soon as you read the "newsletter" you are supposed to burn it so the CIA can't track the authors down.

Danno77 said:
BrowningBAR said:
Pagey said:
Jack Straw said:

you guys are crazy, there ain't a mailing list for this kinda thing. It's too out there. This is the sort of thing they hand out on really crappy copy of a copy of a copy type papers in the big city, flip it over and you'll find out who really killed kennedy and evidence that Obama is an alien (the kind from outerspace, not South America). But as soon as you read the "newsletter" you are supposed to burn it so the CIA can't track the authors down.

Oh, it's one of those meetings 'down by the docks' type of things, isn't it?

I've also heard some people work on their own vehicles...instead of taking it to the mechanic. I guess this can save on not only labor, but parts as well. What an interesting idea! These must be the same people who cook meals at home rather than go out to eat every night.

Skier76 said:
I've also heard some people work on their own vehicles...instead of taking it to the mechanic. I guess this can save on not only labor, but parts as well. What an interesting idea! These must be the same people who cook meals at home rather than go out to eat every night.
you outta be banned from the forum for spreading such nonsense. I don't believe it one bit. If you tried to change the oil on your own car I'm pretty sure it'd catch fire and we'd hear about it in the news. I won't even get into the flawed logic behind preparing your own food.

Danno77 said:
Skier76 said:
you outta be banned from the forum for spreading such nonsense. I don't believe it one bit. If you tried to change the oil on your own car I'm pretty sure it'd catch fire and we'd hear about it in the news. I won't even get into the flawed logic behind preparing your own food.

:lol:

My guess is some of these folks cut their own lawn too.

My guess is some of these folks cut their own lawn too.[/quote]

Now you're talking crazy!

Listen guys - stop spreading this kind of news. It might get hard for those of us that scrounge if too many people catch on to the idea that you can heat your home this way ... on second thought, nawww - the masses would probably think it way too much work to move large pieces of wood around, split, stack, etc.

Okay, ya'll are all talking crazy. I have to disband myself from this band of nutjobs for my own protection.

( i would never eat those tomatoes that I grow for pleasure, or those pecans that fall from my beautiful shade trees.)

Get this I saw my neighbor yesterday RAKING LEAVES from his yard and transporting them on a big tarp back into the woods , I hope the EPA does not find out about this leave relocation program. I don't want a superfund site next door.
Even worse last summer one day I saw an old guy picking peaches off a tree when I confronted him he claimed his wife was going to make a pie , I would have reported it but the 911 operator was no help and hung up on me what is this world coming to?

Sorry got to go fill the extreme boiler with wood .

Another rumor I hear there's this place you can go and borrow a book read it and bring it back and they don't mind , not like those sons of b#$%%s at Wakmart.

Whew! You guys had me woried there for a minute. It sounded like you were headed into talking about using sewer gas to light the street lights like they used to do in England before the industrial revolution. That's so primitive it almost makes me shudder to think of it. I'm so relieved no one brought that up. Imagine the stuff they would say on youtube about that!?!

i'll give him $15.00 to cut split and stack a cord of wood that's 50% more than he's getting now

i know you guys are going to give me a hard time about this, but with winter coming i decided to built a device so when it snows i can relocate the snow from my driveway. im thinking of making a large scooper with a long handle, and i will be able to pick up alot of snow at a time to move it. it will certainly save me money by not having to pay someone to do it. i know i shouldnt be doing this...

we have decided to visit our local grocer weekly and purchase a supply of food which we then use to cook meals to feed our family..............we have now limited our restaurant meals to 2 or 3 times weekly-I realize this is a hardship but we are doing this to weather the economic downturn -maybe CNN can do a feature on our plight -although not sure if anyone watches that station anymore

My wife bought a device that is supposed to make coffee right at home! I need to ask my barista if she thinks it will actually work. I am skeptical, but you guys have inspired me that anything is possible.

we have laid off our driver and are now driving ourselves to starbucks.........times are tough but we are confident that our leaders in Washington will put us back on track as CNN has promised

CowboyAndy said:
i know you guys are going to give me a hard time about this, but with winter coming i decided to built a device so when it snows i can relocate the snow from my driveway. im thinking of making a large scooper with a long handle, and i will be able to pick up alot of snow at a time to move it. it will certainly save me money by not having to pay someone to do it. i know i shouldnt be doing this...

i got a similar device(don't tell)But this is a snowblower thingy, it will actually relocate the snow to my neighbors yard. I just keep telling him he's in a high drift region. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.