CO2 detector? Best location?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tristan

Sep 27, 2007
Central MA
Can someone please advise me on best location for a CO2 detector? I will be running a Harman XXV in our main living area. Thank you in advance.

You probably mean CO - carbon monoxide? not CO2 - Carbon Dioxide?

Generally the manufacturers literature should offer tips for mounting and suggestions for the best locations. I would suggest placing it in a location that can be heard from your bedrooms, and make sure it is loud enough to wake people from their sleep. CO is about the same density as air, so any height would be acceptable. Some units plug in to wall outlets and sit rather low, some can be mounted on the ceiling or wall - again, just depends on the style and mfr.

Corey

For correct coverage you may need more than one one in the room or near the room of the appliance and one outside the bedrooms

Status
Not open for further replies.