coal in eko

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trumpeterb

Jul 15, 2009
Western PA
Has anyone ever tried burning coal in an eko? I have heard that it gasifies rather well....soft coal that is. I am going to throw a couple of chunks in tonight and see what happens....

Yep, it works....does make a mess to clean out later, however....and I guess it sort of negates the purpose of a clean burning wood stove in terms of a carbon footprint if I burn coal...just wanted to experiment, but I think I will stick to wood.

Me? I'd definitely burn coal... I may run both here next winter.... Use wood for the knee seasons and soft coal in the dead of winter......

I couldn't give a rat about my carbon footprint... Coal is just plants that died a few thousand years ago... No more carbon foot print than wood that died last year....

Status
Not open for further replies.