coal vs wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
no, it will NEVER draft hard enough in the right places to stay burning. You might get it to start but it would be a constant project, kind of like a train engineer.

The way I understand it, you can burn wood in a coal stove, but you can't burn coal in a wood stove.

The way I understand it, you can burn wood in a coal stove, but you can't burn coal in a wood stove.

No a coal stove will not burn wood well at all. Even most of the wood coal combos are not very good at one or the other. The 2 fuels just need very different conditions to burn properly.

My Buck Stoves burn coal and wood and do both very well.

My Buck Stoves burn coal and wood and do both very well.

Ok glad it works well for you. I clean a few hundred chimneys a year and have yet to find a combo stove that burns wood anywhere near as well as a good wood stove. I am by no means saying you are wrong just in my experience that is not what i have found. We also dont work on many bucks there just are not many in our service area. So your stoves may work well i cant say.

Status
Not open for further replies.