Coals after 17 hours

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

laynes69

Minister of Fire
Oct 2, 2006
Ashland OH
This morning when I woke was around 32* outside. My wife and I wouldn't be home so I loaded the woodfurnace with some dense hickory splits about 16-18" long at 5:00 am. When I got home at 2:30 pm the woodfurnace had a large pile of glowing coals with the blower still cycling. I didn't touch the fire because it was in the mid 50's today. Fast forward to 9:30pm tonight I went downstairs to check the furnace, it's dropping to 38* tonight. I removed the ash grate cover and removed the ash from the furnace and opened the damper. Half the coals were glowing and the other half out. There was around a couple gallon of coals. After raking them forward within 10 minutes there were enough hot coals to load full splits which took right off. Here is a pic after 17 hours, not too shabby. I've always had coals hours after a fire, but this was the best I've seen. IMG_0497.JPG

Nice. I would love to come see that EPA wood furnace one day. Seeing how that firebox and my Englanders firebox are both 3.5 cu ft, it would be cool to compare boxes. I have watched your video numerous times. Love the window in a Furnace. Love it...

Status
Not open for further replies.