1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Coffee for your stove?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by peirhead, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peirhead

peirhead Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    PEI Canada
    I was wondering if the pellet stoves you use have any kind of "smell" I mean can smell a difference between any difference between pellets or corn?? If so has anyone tried throwing in a handful of coffee beans...they should burn..??

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. escobarmj

escobarmj Member

Loc:
    RI
    When I was researching alternatives to oil, I was concerned about the possiblity of introducing a system that would add smoke or other oders to my living space. My son and I both have allergies that can border on asthma. The one thing that I liked about the idea of a pellet stove is that they leak very little if any smoke assuming proper installation. When I got my Harman XXV, I was happy that it did not cause a problem. Long answer to your question is that I don't believe you will smell it. Unless of course you open the door.

The coffe beans should burn but may deposit oils in your burn pot.
  3. Adios Pantalones

Adios Pantalones Minister of Fire

Loc:
    S.NH- Mass's smoking section
    Coffee beans burning often does not have a nice rich coffee roating smell that you imagine when you open a fresh bag. It can be acrid and overwhelming.
  4. rap69ri

rap69ri New Member

Loc:
    Middle of RI
    I love your avitar. Wasn't he painting from jail?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.