Cold air return!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like it would be loud. Am I wrong?

myzamboni said:

I get the idea that Mr. Smoking J is not a quiet and relaxed kind of guy. Heck he even modifyed the muffler on his big chain saw. That fan probably sounds like a lil jet but sombody wanted to move some air and he has got it going on.

It be wise to be careful what you ask for around some people. :)

It IS probably pretty loud, but at 200 watts for 1000 CFM, it's pretty efficient. Maybe put it on a speed control and dial it back a bit?

Chris

myzamboni said:
Its not as loud as you think but with the 20 ft hose you can get it around the corner

Saw-dust said:
myzamboni said:

I get the idea that Mr. Smoking J is not a quiet and relaxed kind of guy. Heck he even modifyed the muffler on his big chain saw. That fan probably sounds like a lil jet but sombody wanted to move some air and he has got it going on.

It be wise to be careful what you ask for around some people. :)
Yes in deed i move alot of air do to the furance in the garage.I am moving heat to the longest point about 100 ft, here is another one i use in the duct work!
http://cgi.ebay.com/8-Vortex-Centrifugal-Inline-Exhaust-Fan-Duct-Blower_W0QQitemZ160288356856QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item160288356856&_trkparms=72:1205|39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Status
Not open for further replies.