cold and snow

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

argus66

Feeling the Heat
Dec 9, 2007
central coastal nj
finally cold again here coastal central nj and snowing off and on since last night, days like today stove paid for itself.....

It's supposed to get cold tonight here, snow, and blow!!! Temps are supposed to drop dramatically tonight and tomorrow . I finally will be able to give the Tribute a good test! :) Single digit lows tomorrow night so we'll see if this stove really is enough! :gulp: So far I wouldn't want ANY MORE stove, but the temps have been cool not really cold.

After an expected 6" and wind starting tonight -- lows in the minus high singles/low teens. Now only if I can keep my VC EncoreCAT from burning my house down.
Atlanta area is geting snow already (a rare thing for sure)... I'm at work and we have gotten about 2 inches since 5:30pmest where I am, but its raining now and the Temp is dropping (its 31 right now)...

JHall said:
Atlanta area is geting snow already (a rare thing for sure)... I'm at work and we have gotten about 2 inches since 5:30pmest where I am, but its raining now and the Temp is dropping (its 31 right now)...

Don't you guys declare a state of emergency and call in the National Guard when that happens?

Absolutely.... Snow is problem enough down here, but when the temps drop overnight and freeze the slushy stuff solid, thats when the National Guard comes in....

Easy now, DFW area is the same way. I don't even bother trying to go to work if it is snowing/sleeting etc. All it takes is 1 snowflake and all the cars either swerve off in a ditch or veer into the car next to them.

Burl

Speaking of snow and cold, did you see the Packer game? That was the snow. This Sunday is the cold. The visiting Giants can expect a temp of around 5-9 deg it is predicted. This is my first winter with the new stove and it is paying for itself as well. Not to mention the wife likes the 80 deg living room compared to last year's 68 deg house temps.

I remember about DFW... I lived there as a kid (my dad workrd for GM and got transfered to Arlington)... The year we were there 83 84ish ther ewas a pretty big snow storm there either... Also, in atlanta if a snowflake falls the milk and bread at every store is gone....

NW Iowa

This Friday hi of 11 low of -9

Saturday high of 5 low of -7

Sunday high of 6 low of 1 must be a heat wave that evening :lol:

JHall said:
I remember about DFW... I lived there as a kid (my dad workrd for GM and got transfered to Arlington)... The year we were there 83 84ish ther ewas a pretty big snow storm there either... Also, in atlanta if a snowflake falls the milk and bread at every store is gone....

Just the picture in my mind makes me giggle.

Burl said:
Easy now, DFW area is the same way. I don't even bother trying to go to work if it is snowing/sleeting etc. All it takes is 1 snowflake and all the cars either swerve off in a ditch or veer into the car next to them.

:lol: My wife's corporate office is in Raleigh Durham NC. She said if they even "THINK" there is a chance of snow/freezing rain they corporation sends a panic e-mail telling everyone to flee. They shut down until the weather passes.

As promised by the Weather Man about three inches and 27 degrees here this morning. Freezing rain later today. So I plan to feed the livestock, carry in more wood and retire back to my warm stove.

YUP! woke up this morning and looked at my LaCrosse digital weather station, 6.8 degrees!

coastal nj is king of the ice storms last year 3 in a row man i hate those.... right now outside 34 and sleeting/rain. hope it changes to snow!

Status
Not open for further replies.