Cold Enough For Ya Babe>

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

katwillny

its colder than a witches T*** out there fellers. Wow, Dutchess count is colder than it has been in a long time.. or maybe is just me since we went from Summer str8 into winter. You gotz to believe both my stoves are burning. If I could just get a full overnight burn on my old Consolidated Dutchwest, but thats a different topic al together. Stay warm my friends.

Gotta ask, since I came within an inch of buying the CDW Large Federal in 1985, what kind of burns do you get out of that sucker.

shoot the best I've had was one day that I went to bed at 2am and woke up at 6:30am.. but I mean that baby was full of wood and the air was pretty limited. New gaskets, new combustor and Ive yet to see 5 hours of burn. Its just an old dog, but its all i know and I love it until my budget allows for something more efficient. I do have a Pellet stove which i have had for about 6 seasons and that keeps the upstairs pretty toasty. Plus the wife likes the convinience of Pellet stove. But I just cant see myself not burning wood since I live in the sticks i get more free wood than i can shake a stick at.

Enjoy all it has to offer boys and girls. Every ones glass should be staying clean down south now. Keep warm.
N of 60

more wood than you can shake a stick at! Lol, that's a lotta wood!

north of 60 said:
Enjoy all it has to offer boys and girls. Every ones glass should be staying clean down south now. Keep warm.
N of 60

Yep, the glass is clean :)

North,
Not just down south--we're at 16F here in NH (70 in, woodstove heat only!).

S

thinkxingu said:
North,

S

Remember 93% from where I live is SOUTH for me. ;-)
Keep warm.

BrotherBart said:
Gotta ask, since I came within an inch of buying the CDW Large Federal in 1985, what kind of burns do you get out of that sucker.

Hi Bart,
I have an older CDW Large Convection cat stove and if I load it up at 8:30pm and get downstairs at 4:30am it has enough coals to restart it.. Last 2 days have been that way here.. Been cold and windy.. Was 75 downstairs and 74 upstairs when I went to bed and 71 downstairs and 70 upstairs when I got up..

Ray

I may be doing something wrong then Raybonz. The most ive gotten is at most 5 hours. Perhaps the wood I'm using is not the greatest.

north of 60 said:
thinkxingu said:
North,

S

Keep warm.

Does that make me a 7%-er? :)

A better stat for me is 99% of ya'll are EAST. Longitude's 165W degrees. You and I are close on the Lat.

KatWill said:
I may be doing something wrong then Raybonz. The most ive gotten is at most 5 hours. Perhaps the wood I'm using is not the greatest.

Do you have the same size stove and is it a cat stove because both thngs will make a difference..

Ray

Keep warm.

Does that make me a 7%-er? :)

Yes that would be one of you. ;-)

We have been in a kind of northern banana belt this year so far. Winter isn't over and I am sure we will pay for it with one of those -30 day highs and -45 -50 lows for 30 days straight sorta deal. But if it doesn't come this year, hell I will not complain. We still always have enough ice to fish on though. :)
Stay warm down there EH

We've finally hit the single digits here in northern NH. 6 °F last night (that's -14 °C ) for our north of the border friends. Snow guns have been blasting away at the ski areas and the natural snowfall is light and powdery; easy cleanup.

’berta Burner said:
Currently 41C here
Should there be a minus in front of that? It was -28°C (-18°F) here this morning. They’re only calling for a high of -11°F today.

LLigetfa said:
’berta Burner said:
Currently 41C here
Should there be a minus in front of that? It was -28°C (-18°F) here this morning. They’re only calling for a high of -11°F today.

Good thing you pointed that out! I'll have to cancel the beers and lawn dart game for this afternoon. While at least the lawn darts. %-P

’bert said:
LLigetfa said:
’berta Burner said:
Currently 41C here

Good thing you pointed that out! I'll have to cancel the beers and lawn dart game for this afternoon. While at least the lawn darts. %-P
OK, smart ash. You could have transposed the numbers and meant 14. I hear there can be some wild temp swings in Alberta. My BIL says he often doesn't shovel the snow cuz it'll melt in a day or two anyway.

’bert said:
LLigetfa said:
’berta Burner said:
Currently 41C here

:lol: Sometimes you gotta just spoon feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.