Cold Master Bedroom

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Icemanxxxv

Oct 20, 2014
Smithville MO USA
Going into the third year with are Harmon Accentra 52I I am very pleased with its performance. The only issue is our stove is located at the other end of the house from the master bedroom, and it get cold on those winter nights here in Kansas City. We use space heaters last year but they defeat the purpose of not paying KCP&L bails of money for heating.
I have a couple of ideas to help warm the room. 1st is to put a fan vent in the ceiling between the bedroom upstairs and drawing the warm air down into our room. (The upstairs is nice and toasty) and or putting a fan in the floor of our room and ducting the cold air out through the drier vent in the basement. I know I need to move air but I'm not sure the best way to accomplish the task.

It's generally more effective to move the cooler air toward the warm area. In the main forum there are several threads on moving the heat. More details or sketches of the floorplan would help with suggestions for this circumstance. How many sq ft is the stove heating now and how many sq ft total in the house?