COLD this morning!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sonnyinbc said:
Loaded up today, got the after burners going.. top on insert reading 650= no rodents, no insects, or any other nasties in the chimney. All potential critters destroyed, all doubts about efficiency erased. All-in-all- it is a go for this coming winter. ;-P

What do you use to get your temp? I'm looking for a good thermometer for an insert.

And to keep the thread on-topic, I was just commenting to the wife it's getting chilly.

my nieghbor. talk to him as he goes to wrk in the morn. im a framer so if i had a thermometer at the house i probably wouldnt go to work half of the winter months. hahaha

Crowbar said:
sonnyinbc said:
Loaded up today, got the after burners going.. top on insert reading 650= no rodents, no insects, or any other nasties in the chimney. All potential critters destroyed, all doubts about efficiency erased. All-in-all- it is a go for this coming winter. ;-P

What do you use to get your temp? I'm looking for a good thermometer for an insert.

And to keep the thread on-topic, I was just commenting to the wife it's getting chilly.

Just one of those cheap magnetic jobs--wait --I will go and check and see what it says.

Okay, I`m back, do you realize that you just took a year off my life running down those stairs and back up again--or maybe added a year ;-) just kidding--cap letters Imperial, and small letters Kel Kem. I think last year it only cost me 15 bucks.

When winter comes I will do the oven test for accuracy. cause so far it reads 475 when the secondaries kick in and about 150 when the blower stops. my insert has a 6" shelf , so I can place it right on the top and in the middle where the heat rises.

I do believe it to be quite accurate, and so far am relying on it for good guidance.

sonnyinbc said:
Crowbar said:
sonnyinbc said:

Just one of those cheap magnetic jobs--wait --I will go and check and see what it says.

Okay, I`m back, do you realize that you just took a year off my life running down those stairs and back up again--or maybe added a year ;-) just kidding--cap letters Imperial, and small letters Kel Kem. I think last year it only cost me 15 bucks.

When winter comes I will do the oven test for accuracy. cause so far it reads 475 when the secondaries kick in and about 150 when the blower stops. my insert has a 6" shelf , so I can place it right on the top and in the middle where the heat rises.

I do believe it to be quite accurate, and so far am relying on it for good guidance.

Thanks! Canadian tire sells a thin magnetic one that is supposed to go on a woodstove pipe, I guess it would work on the top of an insert eh.

I've seen some on ebay but haven't decided on one yet.

:)

I saw my breath yesterday morning here in CT. It was chilly, and made me go check a few deer stands to make sure they are ready for the upcoming season.

Backwoods Savage said:
firefighterjake said:
Things are a mite bit chilly up this way as well . . . and I noticed that some of the maples in the bogs have started turning color . . . and I even heard a few geese fly by when I was taking a break from cutting up firewood on Saturday.

I saw some geese flying on August 9 and thought that was odd. Shouldn't they have been in molt then?

We've had several nights into the 40's and last night was the coldest. We put an extra blanket on during the night and the house was all closed up too. I got up this morning thinking it was hunting season already!

Ah, the freakin' geese. I had to literally shovel away geese dung to create path on the green last night so I could putt!!! All the while they were watching me... always watching...

yeah I hear you there! The first nip in the air makes me grab my bow to start shooting. Scouting camera is in place. jsut over a month until I am "hanging out" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.