Colorado Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Biglumber

Jan 19, 2008
Colorado
I just picked up 2 bags at costco. 4 bucks a bag. These pellets are from the pellet mill in kremmling colorado.
Big story in the paper last year about all of the beetle kill trees they are pulling out of the mountains around Vail and sending to kremmling.
I've been looking for a year wondering when they would show up. 4 bucks is the lowest price I have seen in 5 years.
We'll see how they work.

CO Pellet Plant

Please provide an update with the results...I'm up in Cheyenne, so the price might be worth the drive! Thanks

EW

Lots of fines but the stove seems to be proving them. Great ash. Lowest yet. Heat is a little less than others but good. I'm through one bag, starting the other.

Compared to others if you are familiar. I choose look, heat, fines and ash.

Heatrs(home depot) Similar look and heat. More fines but way less ash.

Penningtons(lowes) Look smaller, less heat. More fines but less ash.

Heartland(ace hardware)Look smaller, less heat. More fines but less ash.

Peace

Kind of makes me wish I had a pellet stove still so that i could try them. I used to burn Heartlands, I tried several brands but Heartlands were the best in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.