Combination Pellet and conventional Log?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Epmills

Jan 14, 2009
St. Charles, MO
Hello, First time poster here with a question. The heating bills have become rediculous, and I have been looking into a add on wood burning furnace to heat my ~1500 sq ft home in the winter months. I like the idea of heating for free with a supply of wood thats available to me, but I also like the idea of burning pellets for the times when I'm away from home for a few days but still dont want to run up the gas bill any more. So my question is, does anyone know of a furnace that can burn either conventional wood logs AND have the option of pellets? I realize that pellets and logs burn differently which is why I can't seem to find what I'm looking for, but maybe someone knows of a good furnace that isn't talked about often?
Thanks,
Zach

Status
Not open for further replies.