Combo bar/chain...will it work?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cityevader

Dec 16, 2008
Santa Cruz "Mountains"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.baileysonline.com/itemdet...NK 20 SJ50

My wife got me this setup for my husky 359, which currently has 3/8 x .050 24".

When I initially searched for a 20" bar/chain combo, there was only the narrow kerf setup. In the list of apllicable saws, it says Husky 359 3/8 pitch.
Now I've got the thing in my hands, and notice it's a .325" pitch. Went back to online description and sure enough, says it fits only .325 sprockets, but then in the list of models it fits clearly says 3/8!.

Can the sprocket really fit both .325 and .375? I sorta wrapped the chain around the drive sprocket and the driven teeth appear to not bind or ride up in the sprocket.

Is the bar itself different for "narrow kerf", or could K use a regular 3/8 x .050 chain on it?

I'm a cheap SOB and don't want to buy more than I have to, and certainly don't want to change drive sprocket merely to match this one bar/chain.

Status
Not open for further replies.