combustion blower oil

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dubbz

Jan 18, 2007
Pocono Mts, Pennsylvania
My combustion blower sleeve bearings seem to dry out every month on my Breckwell insert. Has anyone tried using a teflon oil, I'm using the recommended 20 wt motor oil in the manual. Any suggestions?

Try a light weight High Temp Turbine oil.

This stuff will withstand the high temps that the sleeve bearings are exposed to and not turn to carbon like most motor oils will due.

Some of the synthetic oils designed for high temps may be a good choice too.

I have a small can of jet turbine oil that I got from a copter technician.

Snowy

Would you guys mind posting a photo of where you apply the oil? I couldn't find a specific location/hole that it would go into. When I applied it last, it was at the base of the shaft and rotated it to let the oil slide down and lubricate the shaft. It only has about 5 bags through the new motor that I replaced during summer.

Only the motors with sleeve bushings will have the oil ports. Bearing motors I still put a few drops on them as the bearings only have sheilds not rubber seals.

Here's a pic of the port location.

Attachments

• blower lube.jpg
    blower lube.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 218
Status
Not open for further replies.