combustion blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

namz111

Apr 25, 2008
NE PA
My harmans combustion blower has a high pitch whine to it (i checked all the blades) can i use any oil on it to try and make it less loud?

usually all the bearings are sealed, but some oil shouldn't hurt anything. Prolly a bad bearing, so replacemnet is the common fix.

Out of curiosity, how old is your blower?

Sealed bearings, you can try some lube but don't over do it as lube attracts dirt. Budget and shop for a new fan now, in my experience you're at the start of a failing fan and it will need replacing, sounds like the bearings are starting to go bad.

its about 8 years old works fine but it has that whine sound not super loud you get used to it fast. call the dealer they said about $108.00

Buy it now ,It is supposed to get cold soon .You just don't have a choice with some things .

Excell said:
Buy it now ,It is supposed to get cold soon .You just don't have a choice with some things .

Bingo. Don't try to bandaid it with oil. Replace it now and you are set for another 8 years. Buy the replacement rear blade as well, because yours will be all crapped up and can be a real biotch to get off the shaft.

Status
Not open for further replies.