Combustion fan stays on

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

retainingwall

Feb 1, 2014
Southern Maryland
I replaced the control panel on my 12 year old Breckwell P24i stove due to other problems and now the combustion fan never turns off unless I unplug it. I used the updated panel, if that matters. Any ideas what the problem might be?

Try unplugging proof of fire snap switch after proper cool down time.
right on bob....Check this 1st Then

IF happened right after you switched boards, before you re-fired the unit... Double check which board you were sent. If your serial number is 53795 or higher it should be a C-E-401 board.

Reactions: Mt Bob
right on bob....Check this 1st Then

IF happened right after you switched boards, before you re-fired the unit... Double check which board you were sent. If your serial number is 53795 or higher it should be a C-E-401 board.
The serial number is 53269 and they sent me the updated C-E-401 board, which is different than the other board I had. It has the switch for the thermostat on it. I unplugged the POF switch and the fan stayed on. Thanks for your info.

What were the other problems that you replaced the board?Your new board may be defective.
The stove wouldn't start and the #2 light would flash. I replaced the door seal, which fixed the problem in the past, but not this time. I had the side panel off where the control panel is to check things out and my son moved it, which shorted the control panel out when it hit the metal side of the stove. I had a local repair person "fix" it, which lasted about a week. He charged me $200, then told me after it stopped working again that I needed a new control panel. It works fine now, after I figured out that I had to put the switch on manual because I don't have a thermostat, but the combustion fan stays on even after the cool down. The only way to stop it is to unplug the stove. I tried unplugging the POF switch, but the fan didn't cut off.

The draft fan stays on all the time. Is there anything else happening? Does the stove operate otherwise? Does it stay burning? Does the room fan stay on all the time as well?

The draft fan stays on all the time. Is there anything else happening? Does the stove operate otherwise? Does it stay burning? Does the room fan stay on all the time as well?
The stove works fine other than the combustion fan staying on after the cool down. I unplug the stove so it doesn't keep running. The only thing is the pellets are a little slow to feed the burn pot at first, so I just put a couple of handfuls of pellets in the pot before starting the stove.

It seems to be the wiring to the new board is askewed somewhere. I'll pm you and we will walk it through.

Status
Not open for further replies.