Combustion fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

karl0525

Oct 16, 2010
North Texas
Hello all I have a quadrafire 1100 insert that I had bout used.When I bought it had dealer go over it completely top to bottom he replaced the circuit board and some snap sensors.it has ran like a champ until today.Fired it up when I got home and the combustion fan was making a grinding noise that I've never heard before.it went away about 8-10 min later and is running what I call it's normal hums and moans.Do I need to start saving for a new motor(very expensive-340 on eBay )? Or do you think that the whole stove being cooled down that it was sounding like that until it was at tempature Thanks in advance.

The first time my combustion fan started making a weird humming noise that eventually got worse, I replaced it with a $350 new fan. When that one started to do the same thing a few years later I took it to an electrical engine repair place who replaced a bad bearing in it for $90. Dont know why the bearings keep going out but works like a charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.