combustion issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nakedman

Feb 10, 2008
Canada
Hi- I have a whitfield Advantage 2 . I have been burning pellets since the 90's and previously had an envirofire stove. Recently my stove has left the pellets piling up in the burnpot...they just turn black and smolder with the other pellets burning on top of them. They back up so much that pellets are piled right up to the feeder tube. I have cleaned everything and done searches on the internet and this site. The only thing I havent done is disconnect the exhaust pipe to check and see if it is clogged. I didnt install it so I am not that keen on taking that apart on my own. The exhaust pipe is the only thing I can figure may be the problem. I have a call in to a service tech.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

I totally missed the metal baffle plates....all winter I was only taking out the firebrick....took out the baffles....wow...what a mess....totally clogged!....one question though...any tips on getting the ash out from behind the baffles?......you have to be able to get into a tight spot to clean it out good.

Thanks for the help.

nakedman said:
I totally missed the metal baffle plates....all winter I was only taking out the firebrick....took out the baffles....wow...what a mess....totally clogged!....one question though...any tips on getting the ash out from behind the baffles?......you have to be able to get into a tight spot to clean it out good.

Thanks for the help.
2 screws on each baffle and they come right out.
top and bottom at the bend

Status
Not open for further replies.