Come clean up my mess

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't say you had to take brush did it?
Just have to have experience with a wheelbarrow:p

Reactions: Thistle
Their are people by us who do that all the time they call me up and I simply say no thank you

;lol That's what most of the CL ads look like here.Either a pile of brush with a handful of decent sticks,stack of mostly rotten rounds along a back fence left by previous homeowner or renter,or some massive dangerous tree that towers over 3 houses,powerlines they want removed for FREE.Oh you gotta have experience,Insurance,proper equipment,good crew AND rake the yard clean of sticks & chips/sawdust before you leave....:rolleyes:

That's why I'm very selective in what ads I respond to.Most people are ignorant,they think their trees are 'gold' or are doing you a favor by letting you be their trash removal service.

Once in a while I see a good one,and keep their phone number or name/address in my contact list for future business.

Seen MUCH worse. At least there's some useable wood there. Could be worth it to someone close if the road access is nearby and they don't expect you to clear the brush... You do have you wheel barrow operators card don't you? ;)
Many adds for "firewood" here show a pile of rotting lumber, usually with nails, maybe painted; or some shrubs they want taken out o_O.

Reactions: basod
Didn't say you had to take brush did it?
Just have to have experience with a wheelbarrow:p
Ja, prolly just means you cannot get close to it with your truck. Not sure how wood laying on the ground can be ready to burn though. Around here, laying on the ground, it would rot.

Ja, prolly just means you cannot get close to it with your truck. Not sure how wood laying on the ground can be ready to burn though. Around here, laying on the ground, it would rot.
Around here the termites would be in it within a few weeks.
And the ad says its been laying since last winter

Status
Not open for further replies.