Come On Cooler Weather

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stump_Branch

Minister of Fire
Nov 12, 2010
MD
Okay not just because its too hot. Too hot to cut split and stack future wood. Too hot to enjoy the outdoors i love so much. But bought a new to me stove, been cleaning, painting, re-gasketing. Cleaning and selling old one. But that wife of mine wont let me fire up the new one for a few months.....silly i know. Ahhh now i just get to see it sitting there looking pretty with no flame in it. Depressing. Till the cooler weather ill be busy finishing this hearth, and updating that signature to include the new jotul f500.

I do blame everyone here for this addiction...and when the thermo dips ill be thanking you all for being warm!

Stay sane all till then.

No way Jose!

Yeah, I'm not quite ready to start burning yet as much as I like my wood heat the cold can hold off for a 3 or 4 more months.

Oh summers great, imagine the reverse...you get a brand new abu garcia surf rod for christmas and have to wait to head to the beach to cast a line for blues or spanish...you get a brand new hunting rifle or bow and cringe at the wait till opening day... you by a boat before ice out...motorcycle in winter...ski's in summer...convertible in winter...all the above, out of season have to wait. Im dying to build a fire in the new stove, when its 100 outside.

rdust said:
BeGreen said:
No way Jose!

x2!

x3

I didn't have to cut, split or stack anything I am feeding those air conditioners.

Yeah, I remember when I used to get all excited about lighting the stove off.

Been a while.

Okay, so chalk it up to new stove anxitey...im just dying to see the jotul in action. Im hoping for quite the difference from the voglezang. It did okay, for a season. But i upgraded for a reason, i just want to see the proof in the pudding. People here dont have too many good things to say about vogelzang. Having been "my" first one not sure i understood. Im waiting to finally understand.

Sounds like you guys need to buy new stoves!

Said it here before. Every time I installed a new stove or liner my wife would always say "Well, I guess it is gonna get real hot in this joint.". Because I would always light it off. July, August, no difference.

Gotta smoke check this stuff ya know? :coolsmirk:

You wouldn't be the first guy on here to burn your stove with the A/C running. :lol:

Todd said:
You wouldn't be the first guy on here to burn your stove with the A/C running. :lol:

For sure.

Todd said:

LOL !! Done that :)

Stump_Branch said:

I have a new stove waiting for this season. Come September I'll be itching!

Stump_Branch said:
Okay, so chalk it up to new stove anxitey...im just dying to see the jotul in action. Im hoping for quite the difference from the voglezang. It did okay, for a season. But i upgraded for a reason, i just want to see the proof in the pudding. People here dont have too many good things to say about vogelzang. Having been "my" first one not sure i understood. Im waiting to finally understand.

I just bought a stove and I pass on the cold weather.

(In your defense, though, I buy a stove too damn often)

Stump_Branch said:
But that wife of mine wont let me fire up the new one for a few months.....silly i know. Ahhh now i just get to see it sitting there looking pretty with no flame in it. Depressing. .

Barter with the wife.....it just might work.... ;-)
Or treat her to some spa services and lite the mother when she is gone.... :lol: she will be in a good mood and relaxed when she gets home and probably won't care. :cheese:
I just hope to start and end the burning season this year with the same freakin stove!!! No learning curves mid-season..... >:-(

You guys are all crazy! ;)

I got new wood to C/S/S - not even thinkin about it (I do have ~2.5 yrs stacked already)

I do most of my cutting and splitting between Oct and May, I like cutting in the winter for some reason - no sense in using up perfectly good golfing weather cutting wood.

All I'm doin now is floating in the pool (or playing golf)

I want the fall here:
Football
Driftin for monster perch on Oneida
The smell of wood burning flowing thru every small town you drive thru
Changing Leaves

If it would be October/November all year long, I would be a happy idiot

Franks said:
I want the fall here:
Football
Changing Leaves

Ditto. Not too hot not to cold, lots of time it the woods. However i am mot immune to a summer bikini..they dissapear around that time.

I'm perfectly happy to contain my burning this time of year to camp fires . . . winters and wood burning are plenty long enough for me and my wife already. I can wait.

Franks said:
I want the fall here:
Football
Changing Leaves

Ya mean like this? Me and my tomatoes would like the nights to be about ten degrees warmer.

Attachments

• 7 day fcst.jpg
    7 day fcst.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 177
Only about 20- 25 degrees warmer here....

Franks said:
I want the fall here:
Football
Changing Leaves

Franks - Ditto. Hope I am healed enough to enjoy it.

Stump_Branch said:
Franks said:
I want the fall here:
Football
Changing Leaves

Ditto. Not too hot not to cold, lots of time it the woods. However i am mot immune to a summer bikini..they dissapear around that time.

In Central NY 95% of what I see in a bikini should not be in a bikini. Now, when I lived on Long Island, bikini season was a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.