"Comfort Bilt" stove on Amazon?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rickwai

Minister of Fire
Nov 1, 2011
ohio
I ran across this stove on Amazon,$1100 w/ shipping. I am not in the market for a stove but it looked interesting. It is advertised as a stove from a country w/ cold winters! What stove is this? Appears to be only imported by a guy in NC.

It's made in China for the Greek market. The guy in NC is importing them to sell here in the US.

It's made in China for the Greek market. The guy in NC is importing them to sell here in the US.
Got it. He has it private labeled so all reviews and info go back to him. Is there another brand that it is marketed under?

I actually saw a post from that guy selling em on craigs list NH, but it said he was in NC. Thought that was weird. Same thing about the stove coming from a place with cold winters.

Checkout the stove that the "chickenman" got tested and is selling in Austrailia. He calls that stove the Nero. Same venting kit also

Considering that it can be difficult to get parts and service for well-known brand stoves, I would be leery of purchasing a stove with a dealer network of one.

Reactions: bags
Don't know much about this stove (although I live in Raleigh and the seller is apparently headquartered here), but as mentioned, it has the exact same control panel as my Castle Serenity. I'm happy with the Castle- it has gotten a bunch of good reviews and with the %15 off coupon code, it was delivered to my local Ace Hardware for $907, including tax. It's lower BTUs (35,000) and a fairly small 35 lb hopper compared to some pellet stoves. But it works well and is fairly simple to clean and maintain, and for the price I have few complaints.

The stove is being pushed all over CL, amazon and EBay. Be interesting to see what a complete set of spare parts would be.

Reactions: bags
there are a few folks on here using the comfortbilt stoves and seem to be happy with them, but I think of the chinese stoves the castle serenity is the best option as they are sold through Ardisam which has top notch tech. support and parts in stock.

Reactions: Bowhunter1
I found this site today because I was looking for the dealer in NC. I seen his ad in our local CL Albany NY. I called the guy just before Thanksgiving 2014. Told him the stove looked good and I wanted some info. He was very pleasant to deal with. I paid for the stove over the phone with my debit card $1100. I told him I had family in NC I haven't seen in a while and if he didn't ship my stove, I would have no problem driving down there kicking his ass. He laughed and assured me this was not a scam and went on to say I would be very happy with my purchase. I am looking for him now so I can buy another one.

I love this stove!!!! I have an Englander up stairs and had an older Breckwell down stairs. With both running, the house was still hard to keep comfortable. I replaced the Breckwell with this Comfortbilt. This thing is a beast. You can not control the fan speed, it's always full blast but let me say.....u can stand 8 foot away and still feel the heat! The convection fan is very powerful. Down stairs is still a bit chilly but I have it near the stair well, with the heat rising from it along with the Englander on low, all 4 bedrooms and bath room stay very warm. Most nights my sons sleep with their windows open. I turned it off one night and kept the Englander running, within 30 mins we noticed a big difference. This stove does a great job for me! I think after I replace my front door and replace my siding this summer....this unit should keep down stairs warm. Another thing I like about it is....it starts up very quickly. It self ignites, and goes from off and cold to lit and warm in under 5 mins. Takes my Englander 10 mins or more to lite.

The only real complaints I have is....no control over convection fan speed and the dealer told me I would have the stove in 5 days....it took more like 15. He almost had me taking the trip to NC. Ohhhh one other issue I've had....some times you end up getting a few bags of pellets that are a little larger than normal....it seems to clog. It's happened twice so far. U must shove a very long screw driver up the dump shoot and work the blockage free. It's very simple. My other 2 stoves are able to chew right threw the odd ball large pellets but this stove has a harder time. Besides these issues, I am buying another one. I'm gonna say good bye to the Englander. I'm very pleased with my purchase and would recommend this stove to anyone.

Is there a classified section on this site? I sold my house in Ithaca NY, and have a Castle pellet stove up there I'd like to post, if there is an appropriate place for it. (Still have my Castle Serenity here in NC and still like it a lot- the lady of the house likes it warm in the winter).

Is there a classified section on this site? I sold my house in Ithaca NY, and have a Castle pellet stove up there I'd like to post, if there is an appropriate place for it. (Still have my Castle Serenity here in NC and still like it a lot- the lady of the house likes it warm in the winter).
Yes there is. Articles for sale/wanted

I found this site today because I was looking for the dealer in NC. I seen his ad in our local CL Albany NY. I called the guy just before Thanksgiving 2014. Told him the stove looked good and I wanted some info. He was very pleasant to deal with. I paid for the stove over the phone with my debit card $1100. I told him I had family in NC I haven't seen in a while and if he didn't ship my stove, I would have no problem driving down there kicking his ass. He laughed and assured me this was not a scam and went on to say I would be very happy with my purchase. I am looking for him now so I can buy another one.

I love this stove!!!! I have an Englander up stairs and had an older Breckwell down stairs. With both running, the house was still hard to keep comfortable. I replaced the Breckwell with this Comfortbilt. This thing is a beast. You can not control the fan speed, it's always full blast but let me say.....u can stand 8 foot away and still feel the heat! The convection fan is very powerful. Down stairs is still a bit chilly but I have it near the stair well, with the heat rising from it along with the Englander on low, all 4 bedrooms and bath room stay very warm. Most nights my sons sleep with their windows open. I turned it off one night and kept the Englander running, within 30 mins we noticed a big difference. This stove does a great job for me! I think after I replace my front door and replace my siding this summer....this unit should keep down stairs warm. Another thing I like about it is....it starts up very quickly. It self ignites, and goes from off and cold to lit and warm in under 5 mins. Takes my Englander 10 mins or more to lite.

The only real complaints I have is....no control over convection fan speed and the dealer told me I would have the stove in 5 days....it took more like 15. He almost had me taking the trip to NC. Ohhhh one other issue I've had....some times you end up getting a few bags of pellets that are a little larger than normal....it seems to clog. It's happened twice so far. U must shove a very long screw driver up the dump shoot and work the blockage free. It's very simple. My other 2 stoves are able to chew right threw the odd ball large pellets but this stove has a harder time. Besides these issues, I am buying another one. I'm gonna say good bye to the Englander. I'm very pleased with my purchase and would recommend this stove to anyone.

Have you considered a Castle Serenity as your second stove,There are several of us happy owners here.On the serenity the fan speed is adjustable and it chews up any pellet you feed it. I have had mine for 1-1/2 seasons and have burned many different pellets and never had a jamb.

How about craigslist also

I had seen these Comfort Builts all over Craigslist too and looked into them. The guys name is Glenn in NC and when I inquired his shipment was held up in customs. He called a month and a half later to see if I was still interested but had already bought Harmans. He was a nice guy on the phone but having things tied up with customs and replacement parts left me to wonder.

Chickenman here is familiar with these Chinese made stoves. Bronx boy here also bought one and seems to be happy with his but he rarely posts or updates here. I too was wondering if it was a scam but evidently they do exist and seem to be a decent bang for the buck. I am still unsure of longevity and being able to get replacement parts in any kind of reasonable time frame.

Maybe to early to tell. What happens if Glenn goes out of business or quits selling them. Then you are SOL.

Sorry I've been MIA. Yes, I was a newbie last year. Doug is very responsive and I enjoyed working with him.

We are very pleased with the stove. Over the summer we had the installer come to do an annual cleaning but he left in five minutes saying the stove is very clean and doesn't need any servicing. No charge. Because I was able to plan ahead I was able to order two pellets of Okanagan Platinum and it's burning much better than the pellets from the blue big box store.

Our next door neighbor was inspired by our purchase and bought himself a used name brand stove. It works fine and it is cuter than the Comfortbilt but much noisier.

I am happy to recommend the stove and the dealer.

PS. On the Comfortbilt you can adjust both the blower and exhaust fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.