comforter wood stove question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ptzbrg

Nov 19, 2009
indiana
hi guys, Im new here and have a question...I just bought a comforter wood stove 1976. Question is I have seen two different models 1. with the glass insert to see the fire and the 2. has the solid front with the bird emblem. were these just different models and can the solid one be turned into the glass front?? thanks

More then likely they are the same exact model with any luck you might be able to find someone with glass doors and put them on the solid front unit

Hey ptzbrg -- is this a rectangular cast iron box about 3 feet tall - 1 1/2 foot deep -door opens on the right side as you look at it -- with 3 small viewing glasses in the front and a front crank controlling air -- has a simple baffle inside? If so -that's what I learned to burn on in the 70"s - I loved that stove--we took our furnace out and ran that solely for a couple of years.

Buffygirl

It is a comforter wood stove from lochmere new hampshire black and you load from side. has the picture of bird eagle? on front. damper on front.

ptzbrg said:
It is a comforter wood stove from lochmere new hampshire black and you load from side. has the picture of bird eagle? on front. damper on front.

Howdy I just refurbished a comfortor 1976.
Has the solid front with crank damper.
All the coal greats are with it,But the markings ( front ,side ,back, ect.)
will not go together as marked.
I have it running but would like to know if anyone has a picture
or some idea of the correct assembly.

Status
Not open for further replies.