Coming at the Northeast.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The severe thunderstorm warning went up, if it's correct will get hit with 60+ mph winds.

Maybe we'll get some relief from this heat!

Things are getting gusty here in VT. The wind just toppled a spruce in the neighbor's yard. The thunderstorm should soon start. I should sharpen my chains. ;)

The North Shore of LI was getting hail, rain, and serious thunder.

Still hot & muggy here .... 98F on the back deck in the shade.

We got hit this morning. Heavy winds and rain going sideways.
Heard a thud and found several large White Pine branches down.
Started cutting one of 'em, but the rain came back. I now have some more SS wood.;)
Lost power for about 8 hours too.>>

Fierce storms here off and on since 6pm last night. Toppled over a couple tomato plants and lost a few big branches off the trees (can use that in the future!). A cold front is going to come through this afternoon. I know the Northies will be excited because it will be cool enough for fire pits again.

We never lost power but our internet service just came back on. Around the house we lost three White Pine, two tops were blown off with one smaller White Pine, all away from the house.

We went from 83 to 68 in a hurry.

Reactions: PapaDave
Some of the pine down. Got started cutting it up.
Tops of 3-4 different trees.

IMG_20130720_150417_898.jpg

Passed our daughters place yesterday, and part of one of their large Maple trees broke into the front yard.
IMG_20130720_141538_135.jpg
Mo farwood.

Reactions: zap
Status
Not open for further replies.