1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Common parts source?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by rwthomas1, Feb 2, 2013.

1. rwthomas1

rwthomas1 Member

Loc:
    Wakefield, RI
    Hello All,
    Eventually I'm going to need things like gaskets for the combustion blower, rope gaskets for the door, etc. I'm assuming that some of you are using "aftermarket" materials to make your own gaskets, etc. and getting door gasket materials online. Where are you purchasing from and what do you recommend for combustion blower gasket material? Last time I disassembled the blower the gasket was getting tired. I'm pretty sure I could cut gaskets from automotive exhaust gasket material? I'm not against getting stuff from my local dealer, I have a good relationship with them, but I don't want to be beholden to them either.....
    Thanks, RT

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. imacman

imacman Guest

3. rwthomas1

rwthomas1 Member

Loc:
    Wakefield, RI
    Running a Lopi Pioneer, with what looks like about a 1" gasket on the door. That Ebay link is what I'm talking about, thanks, RT