Common parts source?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rwthomas1

Dec 20, 2011
Wakefield, RI
Hello All,
Eventually I'm going to need things like gaskets for the combustion blower, rope gaskets for the door, etc. I'm assuming that some of you are using "aftermarket" materials to make your own gaskets, etc. and getting door gasket materials online. Where are you purchasing from and what do you recommend for combustion blower gasket material? Last time I disassembled the blower the gasket was getting tired. I'm pretty sure I could cut gaskets from automotive exhaust gasket material? I'm not against getting stuff from my local dealer, I have a good relationship with them, but I don't want to be beholden to them either.....
Thanks, RT

Status
Not open for further replies.