Compost question; pan fats

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Delta-T said:
Adios Pantalones said:
In the winter I keep it heated on a wood fire to throw down on my enemies from my castle walls.

Always keep wood ash handy for traction on a post-battle greased driveway.

battles look so glorious on the tele...they never tell you about the "clean-up" aspect...not so glorious...removing oil from the driveway takes lots of elbow...er,um..grease.

also, make note that the meat candle is also know to attract animals and neighbors..."what is that, bacon ribs I smell?"

Wood ash + hot animal fat = soap. It's a self-cleaning process. No lye. :)

Reactions: Dune
Our township sells these "digesters" : https://www.greencone.ca/

We dump everything in from the kitchen and the cat's litter box. It's fully enclosed so there's no smell, except when opening the lid of course. It's highly recommended to hold your breath and stand up wind!! It slows down in winter so ours is right full now; we might put a second one in or use a traditional composter for vegetable scraps to keep them out of the green cone.

That is a nice design, but not a composter, thus it can accept meat by-products.

Status
Not open for further replies.