comprehensive pellet stove list?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

orangecrushcj7

Feeling the Heat
Jun 30, 2008
Barre MA
I think it would be very useful to compile a fairly comprehensive list of as many makes and models of pellet stoves, with the MSRPs of each. I know I had a hard time finding prices of stoves on the net during my search for a pellet stove. I think a basic list of Make, Model, and MSRP would be a good place to start for anyone who is looking to get into Pellet stoves. Once they find thier price range, they could go on and do more in depth research for features, etc. Does this sound feasible? How would we go about it? I suppose if it came down to it, everyone could post the info on thier stoves here, and I'll compile the info in some sort of list. Prices should be ball park NEW MSRP's, not sale prices.

I'll start:

England Stove Works 25 PDVC currently $1650

England Stove Works 25 PDV currently $2050

We attempted to do that with wood stoves, but there is so much data and so many new ones coming out - and even upgrades of existing models...that it would be tough to keep it accurate!

It's a moving target, but a wiki article would let you and others at least attempt it.

Here, for instance, was an attempt at a wood manufacturers list:
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/wiki/Manufacturers_List/

In reality, most buyers - especially of pellets stoves - should limit themselves to two choice:
1. A manufacturers supported by a local dealer - for installation and service
2. DIY - only for those who can 100% take care of parts replacement, adjustments, cleaning and installation

This usually limits most folks to 4-6 brands. I consider it like a car - if there is not a dealership somewhere near me, I am very unlikely to buy that brand of vehicle, no matter how nice it is.

I know it is a constantly changing market, if they are ballpark figures, it provides something to compare, at the very least.

Please when submitting your prices, do not include installation, because that will vary from house to house

BTW, Bentley is relocating it's US headquarters to outside of Boston....

Harman P68 $3,525 to be picked up 10/19 no install

Mount Vernon AE price was $3,699 picked up no install

I,m in CT and I checked several dealers and they were all priced the same,no one was discounting the stoves.In March that same P68 could have been had for $2,700

Greg

Harman Advance purchased last summer $2799.00, 2 weeks ago $3175.00

When I was doing my research I had a hard time keeping all the information together for comparison so I created a spreadsheet with all the information I needed. I am attaching the images since I can't attach the actual spreadsheet. You may have to zoom in to see properly.

Use at your own discretion. I removed the dealer names so as not to bias anything. In the end, I went with the Quadrafire Mt Vernon AE which ironically was not on my list. I was going to go with the Classic Bay but at the last minute went with the larger AE.

PM me if you want the actual spreadhseet.

Good Luck

Attachments

• Pellet_Worksheet_Brands.jpg
    Pellet_Worksheet_Brands.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 658
  • Pellet_Worksheet_Pricing.jpg
    Pellet_Worksheet_Pricing.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 617
Status
Not open for further replies.