Condar inferno stove top meter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Treemoss

Sep 1, 2013
LI NY
I have two condar Inferno stovetop meters. They are about 50 to 100° off from each other when the stove is heating up and getting up in temperature. When the stove is around 600 to 650° both meters are pretty much the same they are off about 25°. So which one would be more accurate or is that hard to say because they are all off a little bit. I'm just thinking about overheating my stove. But are these meters close enough so I get a basic idea where I'm at and I am just worrying too much.

I was just not sure if it was reading 600 to 650 or that it could possibly be 700 750 I was a little worried. Maybe I will purchase one of those thermometer guns and test the stove myself and see which one is the closest. any suggestions out there of which is a good reliable IR thermometer gun.

Without using a probe thermometer is there anyway to tell how hot a black double wall pipe is or should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.