Condensation forming under the flashing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NewEngland02

Feb 24, 2015
Boston
I have a new gas fireplace installated on a new new house in the master bedroom, vented thru the roof. The attic rafter has open cell spray foam insulation. Condensation forms inside the flashing near the roof, we rarely use the fireplace, the attic is heated, the furnance is also located in the same area. I used to have condensation on the windows due to moisture from the central humidifier, which I stopped completely and got rid of condensations on windows. Water drips only in cold weather. I thought about a fan under the flashing to circulate air, or spray foam with firestop, or spray with high heat silicone to fill the empty void to insulate the area, or EasyHeat tape. Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.