1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Condising NG boiler

Post in 'It's a Gas!' started by JrCRXHF, Aug 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JrCRXHF

JrCRXHF Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Mid, Michigan
    I was going to get a Gasification wood boiler before the wife decided to go back to school now i am going to have to replace my old 70's boiler. The house has 73ft of baseboard downstairs and 95ft upstairs the house is 3400 sqft.

i guess my question is are more people paying the extra money for these boilers with the gas price going up and are they worth the money. To me the less gas you use the better and the price of gas is just going to keep going up so payback should be better down the road.

Any ideas or thoughts would be nice.

Thanks,

Doug

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. heaterman

heaterman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Falmouth, Michigan
    That's all we install anymore. Unless you need 200* water temp to heat your place a non-condensing boiler shouldn't even be considered. Triangle Tube's Prestige boiler is an excellent medium priced piece of equipment. If you want the best on the planet, look at Viessmann's Vitodens 200. Note: any condensing boiler will deliver maximum efficiency at supply water temps below 160*. None of them install like your current boiler when it comes to piping.
  3. JrCRXHF

JrCRXHF Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Mid, Michigan
    Do you think the Solo 110 would do the job or would i have to move up to the solo 175?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.