Confession of a new T6 owner.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KodiakII

Minister of Fire
Jan 17, 2011
Eastern Ontario
Got to confess, I cheaped out and didn't get my stove with a blower. Seemed like an awful expensive option to me at nearly 300 clams, but now I think maybe I should have got it. Am I right or am I wrong? Anyone do one as a retrofit, or do you just use some other sort of fan to blow across it? I was thinking about a tower fan for its' compact size, but also found the oe style fan for 160 bucks at best fireplace fans for around 160. What should I do?

I did the same when I got the Super 27 (thought the blower was too expensive). Got one a few years later, and can't believe I went so long without one. It makes a huge difference in heat distribution. I only use it on the coldest days, but knowing what I know now, I wouldn't be without a blower.

Likewise. Although we can heat comfortably without one in cool temps, when it is extra cold outside, I will beef up the fire and turn on the blower.

Buy it now, you won't regret it ;-)

I cheaped out too. Right now I have a little fan in the back of the stove pointed upward. It helps a little. I did set a box fan by the stove and cranked the stove to 700 degrees. The box fan really moved the heat around. I wish I would have just bought the optional blower. I probably will buy one someday and talk about how I should have bought it sooner.

I got one for my T5 glad i did sends the heat out and gets the house warm

I've been running my new T6 for 8 days now, do not have a fan, and don't feel the need for one. Perhaps this is because of the set up of our house. The stove is in the corner of the great room, with a 25' ceiling and ceiling fan. Upstairs the walls only go up 8', with open space above them, and another ceiling fan at the other end of the house. It sounds like the fans are great if you need to move air around, but my air is moving just fine without one.

Ours came with the stove on a promo, but we would have bought it if it didnt. Like BeGreen we only use it when it's cold because then we're using electric, but it's nice to have.

I retrofitted,

chimneysweeponline has the OEM part. Two screws ~ 5 mins - as long as you have decent access space behind the stove a child could do it. Power cord is ~ 6 ft long.

the fan also helps when burning smaller loads/shoulder season to regulate output. IMHO worth the added cost.

The fan is also handy for dropping the stovetop temp down 100-150 °F quickly. It's nice to have if temps start pegging the thermometer.

Status
Not open for further replies.