Conflicting info on hearth pad size

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CTwith3

Jul 9, 2014
Westchester County, NY
I took heed of the advice to not use my uncle's stove that had been underwater couteus of hurricane Sandy, so I purchased a new VC Encore 2 in 1 wood stove. I looked over the instructions on the VC website and it states that "a floor protector must be at least 39” wide and 45” deep." The stove wil have double wall Ventis brand stove pipe and the wood stove is 22.25" deep by 27" wide. I was told that because of the rear heat shield and the double-wall chimney connector vertical flue shield heat shield connector the stove can be installed 7" from my sheetrock wall.
I need to know what size floor protector I need, because I keep getting conflicting advice.
Should I buy the 48 x 48 or 54 x 54?
Thanks for your help.

Sounds like the 48" x 48" will cover it.

Status
Not open for further replies.