Confused about installing remote tstat with GC60

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ekehoe

Feb 21, 2014
Maine
Long time lurker, first time poster...

Got a GC60 the first week of January, very pleased with it. Finally got around to getting a tstat for it (SkyTech 3301p) and was going to try to install it today...

Realized that the plugs on the wires don't fit into the plug holes on the back of the GC60. Am I missing something here? The plugs on the tstat have a little tab on them, which doesn't fit into the plug holes.

Ideas?

I just went through this last fall. I believe our stoves share the same t-stat connection design.

you have to cut off those tabs, strip a little bit of the wire and then carefully thread them into those tiny little holes. PITA but it works.

or you could rig some wires from the stove thermostat connection point, find the mate for those tabs, let them dangle out the stove a little bit, and hook them up with the t-stat hooks. but the easiest way is to cut, strip and connect.

you can download the tech manual

http://www.regency-fire.com/Customer-Care/Manuals.aspx

page 9.

good luck

Welcome to the forum! Not the person to advise you on this but hopefully one of the members with this stove or that uses Sky Tech will chime in...

Edit: vinny and I must have been typing at the same time;lol

Reactions: vinny11950
Thanks for the help vinny ... we just use the stove probe so I've never messed with a t-stat.

Thanks for the help! We snipped off the tabs and just plugged it in, and it seems to be working. Thank you! Now to try to understand the darn buttons on this thingie....

Status
Not open for further replies.