Confused about Selkirk Vent

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickster

Jul 19, 2008
CT
O.K., finally got my Quad after 5 months of waiting.now I am trying to configure the pellet vent.
I am looking to go with a straight vertical interior install, 8 ft. up to a cathedral ceiling and out.
Decided to go with Selkirk. My local Selkirk distrubutor (who may not be an expert on this) is telling me the only way to transition the straight pipe to the ceiling support/storm collar/flashing pieces is to use a SINGLE WALL 6" dripless smoke adapter??
Is this right? This sounds wrong to me. My dealer also said no way, the Pellet vent should connect directly to the ceiling thingy, (whatever it's called).

Is the Excel system any simpler to configure?

Rickster said:
O.K., finally got my Quad after 5 months of waiting.now I am trying to configure the pellet vent.
I am looking to go with a straight vertical interior install, 8 ft. up to a cathedral ceiling and out.
Decided to go with Selkirk. My local Selkirk distrubutor (who may not be an expert on this) is telling me the only way to transition the straight pipe to the ceiling support/storm collar/flashing pieces is to use a SINGLE WALL 6" dripless smoke adapter??
Is this right? This sounds wrong to me. My dealer also said no way, the Pellet vent should connect directly to the ceiling thingy, (whatever it's called).

Are you doing the install yourself? If so, you're gonna have to figure some angles and shop around, maybe check a local sheet metal shop, they can make anything, if you can tell them what you need. If you want ready-made pipe, might check Simpson Dura vent Pro. If you're having an installer do it, tell them what yoou want, make them do it your way, that's what you're paying for. BUT, that's just MY opinion

Doing the install myself.
The problem is not that I can't find someone to provide the parts.
The problem is that I need the right information so I know what to get.
I just don't want a cobbled-together system after getting a $4K stove.

Rickster said:

this may help you http://www.icc-rsf.com/en/icc/Chimney_Configurator

Status
Not open for further replies.