connecting chimney liner to cleanout tee

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason845845

Feeling the Heat
Aug 11, 2014
Kingston, Ny
I will be moving my freestanding pellet stove over to the fireplace hearth this fall. Right now I have a standard through the wall vent setup with 3" pipe. My manual says for venting through the chimney the liner should be 4" I plan on going a length of 3" into a 3-4" "reducing" cleanout tee then attaching the cleanout tee to the liner.

Question is, is the connection between the tee and the liner universal or do I need all of the same connections like regular PL pipe?

thanks!

I think you would have to check with the brand of venting/liner you are using to see what connection options are available.

Reactions: Jason845845
Jason,
What you are explaining should work. Do you have the T and other pipe to try a test fit? I have not messed with the chimney liners so i am not sure but there has to be a way to do what you want to do. I have a friend about to do the same thing when he goes and picks up his new Accentra that he is replacing a Cozy (Kozi)pellet insert with. I'll give him a call this week and pick his brain. He owns a fab and welding shop that does some bizarre stuff. He can make and do about anything. We have come up with some wild things over time even out on my job sites.

Like Lake Girl said it may vary depending on pipe brands but there should be some sort of adapter. Good Luck!

He can make and do about anything.
Are those the "bar napkin" designs like the Hubby and colleague were working on a couple of weeks ago?==c Amazing what can be dreamed up ... previous designs have proven effective and are still around not sent out as scrap metal!

Yes many of those we have done and my friend has done many more. We call it on the fly engineering. We came up with a wild solution to a problem I had on one of my jobs and I ran it past my structural engineer who said he has never seen it done that way but it will most definitely work.

Thanks guys, if you knew what I did for a living you'd be scratching your heads for a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.