Connecting Liner to Chase Cover

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ady5008

Oct 1, 2019
Central PA
I had posted a while back about the install we're working on. The chimney top is now re-laid and the thimble is in. I ordered a kit from Rockford, but my dad wanted to have a local shop fabricate the chase cover. My question is, how do you actually fasten the liner to the chase cover? Rockford's video makes it sound like there is a hose clamp , but I can't see it in the video which is actually more of a slideshow. If it is a hose clamp, do you just make holes in the collar of the chase cover to run the clamp through? Pictures would be helpful. I attached pictures of the chimney top, and thimble for anyone that saw the previous thread and is interested.

Attachments

• image000000 (88).jpg
    image000000 (88).jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 76
  • image000000 (89).jpg
    image000000 (89).jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_20191118_170200.jpg
    IMG_20191118_170200.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 74
Typically there would be a clay liner there to support the weight of the liner. Something has to hold all that weight up, the cover is not intended to be a support.

I had posted a while back about the install we're working on. The chimney top is now re-laid and the thimble is in. I ordered a kit from Rockford, but my dad wanted to have a local shop fabricate the chase cover. My question is, how do you actually fasten the liner to the chase cover? Rockford's video makes it sound like there is a hose clamp , but I can't see it in the video which is actually more of a slideshow. If it is a hose clamp, do you just make holes in the collar of the chase cover to run the clamp through? Pictures would be helpful. I attached pictures of the chimney top, and thimble for anyone that saw the previous thread and is interested.
Like Webby said you will need to add some sort of support under the chase cover to support the weight of the liner. I usually use stainless angle iron on either side of the liner. Then your Chase cover goes on then the top plate gets attached with silicone under it and a few rivits. The top plate will have a clamp to support the liner

Reactions: webby3650