Connecting pellet stove to pipe in chimney

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vtpenguin

Feb 28, 2014
Vt
im having my chimney lined with a 4 inch ss liner. There will be a t at the bottom that goes into the house. The T is smooth ss. My question is how on earth do I connect the hundreds of dollars of pellet vent pro pipe that is meant to insert and twist lock onto a smoothe, round ss pipe. I'm at a complete loss. I asked around for an installer but they refuse to install hardware store "junk" they say. Please help. A video or photos would be awesome. Thanks!!!!

Maybe don't use that T and get the PVP twist lock T. It connects to Flex liner with this:
adapter.jpg
Other end of T connects to stove with stove adapter.

Richkorn may have the easiest solution if you have enough space in your chimney/thimble to make the bend without a Tee (is this an open fireplace or a 90º thimble to a freestanding stove?). Otherwise have you thought about lining with 6" instead? Could be usefull if you ever wanted to put a woodstove in (4" wouldn't work) and they make chimney adapters for 6" to PelletVent pro (this is what I had to do).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.