Connecting wood stove fan and oil furnace fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wolverm50

Feb 16, 2015
MI
I have a US stove company 1300 wood furnace with the single fan. I would like to wire the fan from my oil furnace to the wood stove furnace to try and push some more heat throughout the house. Not sure if this is possible to do and still allow the oil furnace to run off the thermostat independently. If so what would be the most efficient way to do this?

I have a US stove company 1300 wood furnace with the single fan. I would like to wire the fan from my oil furnace to the wood stove furnace to try and push some more heat throughout the house. Not sure if this is possible to do and still allow the oil furnace to run off the thermostat independently. If so what would be the most efficient way to do this?
Howdy, so how is the duct work tied together? It is possible to do what you want but depending on your setup it may not accomplish the goal.

There are two 8" round ducts running from the wood stove into the plenum of the oil furnace.
The top setup that I circled on the attachment

Attachments

• Setup.pdf
    75.8 KB · Views: 149
Status
Not open for further replies.