Considering a Dolmar PS-510, don't know anything about them though

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kenora

Nov 20, 2007
Kenora, Ontario, Canada
I currently have a Jonsered 2165 and a Poulan Pro 34cc, one big (really big!!!) and one small...

this Dolmar is available and seems like a good deal ($200)... but I know nothing about them; I searched THE GEAR forum for DOLMAR and DOLMAR PS510 and got zero results, does that mean no onee has one or no one has had a problem with one?

Thanks

need a mid sized saw..... I cut about 10 cords/yr.

Dolmar makes a good saw and there are a lot of 510 guys around here.

Hi -

I've been running Dolmar since the mid 1980's... They're still going. Good solid performers.

For $200 I'd be tempted.

I went with the ps5100 because it's the same displacement, but has 15% more horsepower while weighing nearly a pound less. However I paid ~$400.

If weight isn't a big concern you might call Home Depot and see if any used rental Makita 6401s are available. I bought one and realy enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.