Considering a Hampton i300 over the Jotul Castine or VC Encore

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fatalbie

Jan 27, 2007
I have a dilema and hope the attached photos, if I did it correctly, will help.

I grew up with and have now been a woodstove owner most of my life. I just sold a house with a Hearthstone Heritage that I loved, with the exception of the warm up time. I am now debating the above choice and hope to gain some opinions from the more educated.

My new house is an 1800 sq/ft cape with a relatively chopped up floor plan. I have multiple doors that I can control heat flow with and would realistically be looking to heat 1500 sq ft primarily with my stove. hopefully more if possible. I have a very nice wood surround/mantel that I do not want to rip out, and shielding it takes away considerably from the aesthetics.

Castine-with shields top and sides will do the trick but will it provide the heat I want?

Encore-requires mantel removal (or customization that I am handy enough to do but not have time for) but gives a bit more capacity and I like the top load

Hampton-install requires no shield and no mantel customization
I plan on raising onto a AJ pad to cover the entire existing hearth
will need an approx 7" metal piece to cover the gap from top of unit to brick surround.
Questions for Hampton owners
Will I get the actual heat output that they indicate?
Where is the electrical connection for the blower and can it be concealed from below?

I welcome your opinions, and thanks in advance for any suggestions/help

Jim

One of the images is dimensions not sure if it will be readable
100_2111.jpg

100_21093.jpg

FireplaceDimensions.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.