Considering joing the PET6 cult

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rob bennett

Feb 19, 2008
Lynden, Washington
I'd like to get feed back from people who have BIG stoves half in half out of their fireplaces. I know I can fit the T6 in with 6 inches under the steel lintel. I have an interior fireplace and I would be running the fan with a block off plate.
People who have done the big stove in the fireplace, are you happy with it?
Rob

I have a 3.5 cubic foot firebox Englander 30 half in and half out and wouldn't have it any other way.

Webmaster said:
I have done it with a number of stoves myself and also installed hundreds in this way for customers - I highly recommend it as a good way to get max heat.

i want to do the same but want the stove even with the fireplace...would you suggest that

Does anyone have pictures of these half in/out on a raised hearth? I am trying to sell my wife on this instead of an insert, but I need a picture of one on a raised hearth. Thanks

It is a lousy pic but it is the only one I have.

Attachments

• 30-nc.jpg
    30-nc.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 212
Brother Bart - thanks

What do you have on the floor below the hearth? I am assuming you have some hearth protection/rug/etc.?

Roxburyeric said:
Brother Bart - thanks

What do you have on the floor below the hearth? I am assuming you have some hearth protection/rug/etc.?

A one inch thick, 18 inch deep UL listed hearth pad that I have had for 25 years. I put it down in winter and take it up in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.