Considering Osburn 2400 Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

burleymike

Feeling the Heat
Sep 17, 2010
SE Idaho
I am considering the Osburn 2400 insert, anybody have one or similar models by Osburn? How do they draft on a short chimney 12-15' burning pine? I have a Derco Grizzly now that the blower sounds like a vacuum cleaner running all day long. How noisy is the blower on the Osburn?

Hey Burley,

I have an Osburn 2300. I purchased it last year. Long story short is that I was very pleased with the heat output/burn times but a bit frustrated since I had a bad smell emitting from it every time I would light it for about 4-5 hours. My 2300 has a blower on the back.

The blower works well and is variable speed so it doesn't make that much noise.

Andrew

PS, After shipping my stove to them, they tested it and agreed that my stove was defective and sent me a brand new one!

Status
Not open for further replies.