Considering Purchasing the Lennox Grandview

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Satchel said:
The Grandview is new the Lennox line of stoves so I am not sure that I will get much feedback. However, if you have any experience with the Lennox brand, I would sure like to hear the good and the bad.

I was actually considering the Lennox Performer but, the Grandview seems to be more efficient, cleaner, and offers an ashpan.

http://www.lennoxhearthproducts.com/products/stoves/grandview/

Not familiar with them but it looks nice and has a lifetime warranty.. Good luck with your choice!

Ray

Wow thats a spittin image of the US Stove Magnolia. Even the inside looks the same.

"High-density firebrick retains heat, resulting in increased efficiency."

Plus, they should hold up for a while.

Looks like the Magnolia is half the price too....I'm going to be looking further into that stove. How would you rate your Magnolia???

Not many bad things to say. Little on the small side for me but large side for most people. Didn't have any problem with top temps. It would cruise at 600-700 very easy. Secondary burn worked fantastic and would come in early. Best part was glass stayed crystal clear all the time. Never used ash pan. Gotta say though the Englander is very similar also, priced even better, and many forum members report nothing but good things about it. And best part is I believe made in the USA.
Some things I didn't like was the primary air couldn't be shut done completely therefore with my 35' chimney I had days where I couldn't control stove temps and had 800 degree temps a couple of times. After about a month I noticed the door didn't seal against the stove very tight in one spot so I re-roped the door with larger rope to compensate. One more thing was the the top door pin wanted to walk up every time I opened the door. However I noticed the new model has the pin fastened to the door so that can't happen.
I've owned 5 stoves in the last 10yrs and 4 were steel stoves with steel doors or cast doors. They exhibited cracks on the stove face and or door warping or stove face warping. I do think the cast iron door is way better than a steel door but I would pay attention to the stove construction around the door opening. Some posts have been devoted to that in the past. IMO the most trouble free system is cast door on cast stove or cast door frame with seal lip.

Status
Not open for further replies.