Considering selling stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ironmt

Jan 29, 2012
Pa
I am considering selling a 2005 25-PDVC. The stove works great and I heated my house with just this stove all winter. I am just tired of constantly trying to find pellets and when you do find a particular pellet that you like, that burns well, the store has a different brand. The stove will come with the 3" pipe and an adapter to go from 3" to 6" It will also come with a hopper extension that will allow the stove to hold 4 bags of pellets. I was thinking of selling for 650.00 to 700.00. Does this sound reasonable

ironmt said:
I am considering selling a 2005 25-PDVC. The stove works great and I heated my house with just this stove all winter. I am just tired of constantly trying to find pellets and when you do find a particular pellet that you like, that burns well, the store has a different brand. The stove will come with the 3" pipe and an adapter to go from 3" to 6" It will also come with a hopper extension that will allow the stove to hold 4 bags of pellets. I was thinking of selling for 650.00 to 700.00. Does this sound reasonable

Hello

Well since Home Depot dropped their price to $1099.00 your stove is worth more like $500 to $600. Then you can add more money for the hopper extension.

Also if you purchase a stove that is more high end, they burn almost any pellet and give good heat. Stoves with a good ash pan require less cleanings. A stove that works well with a T-Stat like the Quadrafires or Enviros will also save on pellets and keep a more consistant temperature.

Good Luck!

Don2222 said:
ironmt said:

Hello

Well since Home Depot dropped their price to $1099.00 your stove is worth more like $500 to $600. Then you can add more money for the hopper extension.

Also if you purchase a stove that is more high end, they burn almost any pellet and give good heat. Stoves with a good ash pan require less cleanings. A stove that works well with a T-Stat like the Quadrafires or Enviros will also save on pellets and keep a more consistant temperature.

Good Luck!

Englanders work well on a stat Don. Also, they give good heat too. Hard to beat Englander in Customer service also. Just sayin.....

Actually. That Englander is probably one of the most used stoves in the US. Can be had anywhere and at a good price.

To the OP- That seems like a reasonable price. Stove with hopper extension and venting. That sounds about right.

If its just finding pellets. Then why not buy by the ton and get a lot of what you like. Some on here have used a Lowes or HD Credit Card and got 5% off and 6 months same as cash. I almost thought about getting a Card just for that??

Ah, the convenience of a pellet stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.