Considering small stove installation need advice on placement in room (converted attached garage)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leakypuppy

Mar 3, 2008
Northern NJ
Hi,

I purchased my Jotul C550 last year and have really caught the wood burning bug. I've got about 4 cord of wood ready to burn plus 1 ton of bio bricks to supplement some of the unseasoned wood.

I have a room in my house that was originally a garage that we now use as a den and I was considering installing either a Morso 1410 or the Jotul 602. The room is only a couple hundred square feet and the other rooms on the first floor are heated by my insert. The old garage door was replaced with a large 4 sash casement window that measures about 8'x5'. I'm looking for some input on placement of the stove, I've uploaded two of the original blueprints of the house, one is the side view that shows the path the stove pipe will take and the other is the overhead view of the room.

I'm thinking of installing the stove in the top right corner as indicated on the drawings but this will mean about 10' of pipe rising up from the roofline -- the roof is very steep. This stove will only be heating this one room so I'm not overly concerned about placing it near a window. The other location is about 5' to the right of that but may require more pipe. No matter how you slice it the pipe on the outside of the house is in plane view from the street so I'm trying to make it look as neat as possible.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

LP

Attachments

• top.jpg
    top.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 133
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 141
Status
Not open for further replies.