1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Consolodated Dutchwest FA264CCL - Very little air coming out of top vents

Post in 'Classic Wood Stove Forums (prior to approx. 1993)' started by beatle78, Nov 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raybonz

raybonz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Carver, MA.
    That's a good price Geo I used the Dayton version of that fan.. These blowers tend to be noisy and reducing airflow helps to reduce the noise.. The blower on the T-5 cost 6X what that blower cost but it is much quieter, moves more air, has a T-stat and manual override..

Ray

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. beatle78

beatle78 Member

Loc:
    RI
    The stove has been pumping out a good amount of heat. I guess I've been spoiled by the high CFM fans that they put in coal stokers. That's what my most recent experience is with. This stove with the 60CFM fan still puts out a lot of heat, it just doesn't move the heat around as fast as other stoves with high cfm fans.

It's running like a champ & i'm glad I took the top off to rebuild it.

I think I'm going to replace the warped fire shield below the cat. It gets in the way of me loading up the fire box b/c it sticks down several inches.
  3. raybonz

raybonz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Carver, MA.
    Sounds like you're doing well there! That baffle is easy to replace and around 25 bucks.. I added washers to the bolts that hold the baffle in place and neverseize on the threads..

Ray
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.